|Tamas||Dullness||Aversion, sloth, ignorance, inertia, and depression.|
|Rajas||Excitement||Desire, reaction, restlessness, over-excitement, and mania.|
|Sattva||Balance||Holistic health, integration, consistency, mind, intelligence, sanity, and wisdom.|
Influence of the Three Qualities upon the seven chakras
The proportion of gunas within our system is dependent upon our holistic diet – the health and input into our system through each chakra.
For self development purposes we aim for a holistically sattvic diet.
The primary ways in which our chakras are influenced by the gunas are:
- PHYSICAL: Food, diet, exercise, environment, lifestyle.
- EMOTIONAL: How we respond to our environment and activities.
- MENTAL: The way we think.
- The influence of the gunas upon the chakras produces our holistic behavior
- The Three Ayurvedic Doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Brain functioning
Material from ( 10 Jun 2011): www.spiritualpsychology.org.uk