Some of the positive thoughts we need to cultivate for our Japa sessions:
- I happily and enthusiastically welcome the holy names every Japa session.
- I get to chant, I want to chant, and I love to chant.
- I easily chant my prescribed number of rounds with focus and attention.
- My beads are my connection with Krsna, and my ticket to back to Godhead.
- I treat the maha mantra as Radha and Krsna, fully present in sound.
- I fully honor my sacred relationship with the holy names during japa.
- I turn of my world and turn on Krsna’s world when i chant my rounds.
- I receive and feel Krsna’s mercy, mercy, and love in His name.
- I chant in full awareness that the holy name is my greatest treasure.
- I chant from my heart, feelingly praying to come closer to Krishna.
- I chant to be accepted by Krsna, and to repair my broken relationship with Him.
- I chant to please Radha and Krsna, not to gain anything material.
- I meditate on the meaning of the names as i chant.
- I organize my life to make my Japa the most important activity of the day.
- I am totally dependent on Guru and Krsna to chant quality Japa.
H G Mahatma Das has been serving ISKCON since 1969. He received first and second initiation from His Divine Grace, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (The Founder Acarya of ISKCON), in Los Angeles, California, in 1970. For little more about him, please visit the ABOUT MAHATMA DAS section in the site.
From (14 Apr 2013): http://www.mahatmawisdom.com/quotes/chanting/japa-affirmations/